Sunday 4 August 2013

Hi there, thank you for stumbling across my blog :)

Seeing as this is my first post on my blog, I thought hmm, what can I write about that won't bore you?
Then I remembered, I made rock cakes with my brother today, so why don't I give you the recipie so you can try them. They are really nice to have with a cup of tea and really easy to make,so why not give them a try?

This recipie will make 10 or 12 rock cakes depending on how big or small you want them and I suppose you can add different fruits or some spices depending on what you like.

So the ingredients you will need are...

200g (7oz) Self Raising Flour
70g (2.5oz) Butter
80g (3oz) Caster Sugar
80g (3oz) Sultanas
2 medium eggs

So this recipie is really easy...
1) Firstly, you will need to turn the oven to 200C, 180C for a fan oven or Gas Mark 6.
2) Secondly, grease and line a baking tray ready to put you rock cakes on to.
3) Thirdly, put the flour and butter into a mixing bowl and crumb ( this is where you use your fingers to rub the flour and butter togther until it looks like bread crumbs and there is no more unmixed butter or flour)
4) Next, add the sugar and 2 eggs and mix together until all the ingredients are combined.
5) Now, sultanas can now be added, mix these into the rock cake mixture.
6) Using a spoon or two, spoon the mixture onto your baking tray in to 10 or 12 roundish blobs making sure they arent to close (as they spread when they cook).
7) Make a sugar syrup by mixing together warm water with sugar, you wont need much
8) Brush this syrup onto the rock cakes, this will give them a cruchy top when they're cooked
9) Now place the rock cakes in the centre of the oven for 15 minutes
10) Take them out of the oven, sprinkle with sugar while they are still warm and leave to cool
                                       


                                        
                                           These are the ones my brother and I made today,
                                  the four at the back are plain, the rest have sultanas in them.


I hope that this recipie is easy to follow and as I said before if you dont like sultanas you could add something else or even just leave them plain and if you like you can put butter or jam on them if you dont want to eat them as they are.

So this has been my first post, I hope you've found it interesting and I hope you enjoy making your rock cakes.

Please feel free to comment and tell me how you found this recipie and even give me some of your recipies for anything you've tried.

Thanks for reading the first of many posts on my blog and I'm looking forward to hearing your ideas.

Pocket Full Of Flowers xx

1 comment:

  1. Yummy! I look forward to using this recipie soon :D
    I've tagged you to do the I Heart Summer Tag, check out my blog to see more details.

    http://daniellestone26.blogspot.co.uk/2013/08/making-up-for-lost-time-i-heart-summer.html

    Danielle x

    ReplyDelete